Today we received confirmation that Trans Scania 2016 finishers will be awarded the maximum number of UTMB qualification points (four on the old scale, six on the new), just like previous years.
The participant list is updated from time to time when registered runners cancel their participation, and new ones are entered into the race from the waiting list. Check back to keep up to date, or join our Facebook group to get the latest news and take part in discussions.
In other news, we’ve recently secured GPS trackers from the same supplier as the previous two years, hopefully the tracking will work just as good this year!
We were frankly taken by surprise by the relatively huge interest in Trans Scania 2016. For a race that has had as little as three finishers (in 2012), having 20 registered runners and a few more on a waiting list in October is a pretty big deal.
We’re convinced Trans Scania should never become a big race, it’s just not the way it was meant to be. However, we’ve taken a close look at our organizational bottlenecks and figured we can raise the maximum number of participants to 25.
This simply means we can let people from the waiting list into the race, new registrations will most likely go directly to the waiting list.
Wow, in just six days we got enough applications to fill the race. We don’t have a full set of complete registrations yet, some are still pending payment, but the race is most likely full. We’ll keep accepting registrations, but these will be placed on a queue waiting for spots to open up in the race.
- There will be a limit of 20 participants. Once 20 runners are registered, new registrations will be placed in a waiting list.
- Unsupported runners will be highlighted in the results list. We define unsupported as only relying on the official drop bag and existing stores and restaurants along the course for support.
- We’ll only allow one drop bag per runner, ant it must be small and light enough for one person to carry without struggling.
As always, please contact us if you have any questions. See you at the start!
Trans Scania 2016 will take place August 12-14, the preliminary plan is to open the registration in a few weeks.
Trans Scania 2015 is now over. 16 runners started the race, 10 finished. The official results have been posted, including the new all time record set by Linda Bengtsson and Fredrik Engdahl!
We’re are already planning next years race, and the registration will open sometime this fall. Stay tuned!
This year Trans Scania has gotten quite a bit of media coverage:
- Article and interview with Maria Thomsen on national radio.
- Three interviews with Lupita Svensson (before and during the race) on local radio, part 1, part 2, part 3, or listen to the whole programme.
- Article in local newspaper Sydsvenskan.
- Article about the new record in Sydsvenskan
- Article before the race in newspaper Ystads Allehanda
Let us know if you find (or have produced) any more articles or programmes.
In total, 16 runners came to the start of the race (one late, not in the picture above), and everything went smoothly. You’ll be able to follow them live on the addresses below. The positions are updated every five minutes. The first address is a full size version for computers, the second one works better on phones and tablets. Please bookmark them and send them to all your friends!