Wow, in just six days we got enough applications to fill the race. We don’t have a full set of complete registrations yet, some are still pending payment, but the race is most likely full. We’ll keep accepting registrations, but these will be placed on a queue waiting for spots to open up in the race.
- There will be a limit of 20 participants. Once 20 runners are registered, new registrations will be placed in a waiting list.
- Unsupported runners will be highlighted in the results list. We define unsupported as only relying on the official drop bag and existing stores and restaurants along the course for support.
- We’ll only allow one drop bag per runner, ant it must be small and light enough for one person to carry without struggling.
As always, please contact us if you have any questions. See you at the start!
Trans Scania 2016 will take place August 12-14, the preliminary plan is to open the registration in a few weeks.
Trans Scania 2015 is now over. 16 runners started the race, 10 finished. The official results have been posted, including the new all time record set by Linda Bengtsson and Fredrik Engdahl!
We’re are already planning next years race, and the registration will open sometime this fall. Stay tuned!
This year Trans Scania has gotten quite a bit of media coverage:
- Article and interview with Maria Thomsen on national radio.
- Three interviews with Lupita Svensson (before and during the race) on local radio, part 1, part 2, part 3, or listen to the whole programme.
- Article in local newspaper Sydsvenskan.
- Article about the new record in Sydsvenskan
- Article before the race in newspaper Ystads Allehanda
Let us know if you find (or have produced) any more articles or programmes.
In total, 16 runners came to the start of the race (one late, not in the picture above), and everything went smoothly. You’ll be able to follow them live on the addresses below. The positions are updated every five minutes. The first address is a full size version for computers, the second one works better on phones and tablets. Please bookmark them and send them to all your friends!
Last year we introduced live tracking, which was a great success. It was amazing to be able to follow the runners day in and day out, and several of the participants mentioned having encountered cheering spectators along the race. This simply wouldn’t happen without the tracking, and of course we’re bringing the trackers back again this year.
As long as the gods of technology are on our side, you’ll be able to follow the runners live (the positions are updated every five minutes) on the addresses below. The first is a big version for computers, the second works better on phones and tablets. Please bookmark them and send them to all your friends!
The race is just around the corner and the registration has now been closed. At the time of writing, 17 brave runners are registered to participate in Trans Scania 2015. Please see the participants page for any updates.
Shortly we’ll get in touch with all runners in person and make sure everything is ready to go.
Just like last year, all runners will be carrying a GPS tracker, and we’ll link to a page where their locations can be tracked in (almost) real time.
We can’t wait to see you all at the start on August 14!